Jharsuguda: Vedanta Aluminium, India’s largest producer of Aluminium, has established a state-of-the-art rehabilitation centre at its township in Jharsuguda for specially-abledchildren. The facility will serve as a dedicated hub for providing comprehensive care, therapy, and support to children with various disabilities. It will offer a wide range of services, including speech therapy, physiotherapy, and occupational therapyto the needs of specially-abled children of the employees and business partners of the company, and going forward, will be accessible to the community at large.
With a deep understanding of the challenges faced by specially-abled children and their families, the company has taken a proactive step to provide a nurturing space where these children can develop essential skills, becomeindependent, and thrive.The rehabilitation centre features state-of-the-art equipment and a team of highly qualified professionals, consisting of 1 physiotherapist, 1 occupational therapist and 1 speech therapistdedicated to meeting the unique needs of each child. The therapists at the centre possess extensive experience and expertise in their respective fields, ensuring the highest level of care and support for the children.
Services offered at the centre include:
- Physiotherapy: Physical therapists work closely with children as well as adults to improve their coordination, mobility, stress exerted due to repetitive movements, etc. Through personalized exercise routines and therapeutic interventions, the aim is to enhance physical well-being and foster greater independence
- Occupational Therapy: The occupational therapy programs focus on developing essential life skills, promoting independence, and enabling children to engage in meaningful activities. Occupational therapists help children overcome barriers and adapt to various environments
- Speech Therapy: Specially trained speech therapists employ evidence-based techniques to address speech and language disorders, helping children improve their communication abilities and enhance social interactions
While inaugurating the centre, Mr. Sunil Gupta, CEO – Vedanta Limited, Jharsuguda, said, “The new rehabilitation centre is designed to create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere, ensuring that every child feels valued and supported. By providing cutting-edge therapeutic services, we are aiming to make a significant and positive impact on the lives of specially-abled children and their families.At Vedanta, we firmly believe in contributing where there exists a need in society.This centre reflects our dedication to providing specialized care and support to these children who are in want of good healthcare facilities. We are confident that this facility will help themlead fulfilling lives with dignity.”
Vedanta Jharsuguda provides a wide spectrum of basic and specialized health services in and near its areas of operations at Jharsuguda, which includes:
- Mobile Health Units which provide basic healthcare services to more than 55,000 people annually, across 28 remote villages which have limited access to health care centres
- Various health camps for local communities in and around Jharsuguda
- Awareness camps on preventive healthcare, including on HIV/AIDS
- An upcoming advanced state-of-the-art multispecialty facility which shall offer over 500 tests & specialized services like Radiology, Mammography, ECG/PFT/TMT, etc.
Vedanta Aluminium, a business of Vedanta Limited, is India’s largest producer of aluminium, manufacturing more than half of India’s aluminium i.e., 2.29 million tonnes in FY23. It is a leader in value-added aluminium products that find critical applications in core industries. Vedanta Aluminium ranks 2nd in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) 2022 world rankings for aluminium industry, a reflection of its sustainable development practices. With its world-class aluminium smelters, alumina refinery and power plants in India, the company fulfils its mission of spurring emerging applications of aluminium as the ‘Metal of the Future’ for a greener tomorrow.